I made a bet with another blogger that I could find an interesting link about Las Vegas. Since I don't like to lose bets, I decided to post some Las Vegas links that I liked to make sure I win.
- Cassidy Frames has a small gallery with 10 vintage Las Vegas promotional shots from the archives of "Fabulous Las Vegas" magazine, from 1960's and the beginning of 1970's. Visit also the Matchbooks page with classic Nevada casino matchbook art.
- Las Vegas Chip Hall of Fame from Casino Rarities. Presenting some of the rarest and finest Las Vegas chips known, from as early as the 1940's to nowadays. One of the rarities is a $100 Flamingo chip from 1947, when Bugsy Siegel reopened the Flamingo.
- Classic Vegas - This is the site dedicated to providing you the best in classic entertainment, Las Vegas style. The hotels, audio files, the entertainers nicknames and profiles (Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin, Elvis Presley, Wayne Newton, Bobby Darin and more). Some links don't have any content.
- Flickr has thousands of images tagged as Las Vegas, but if you want to find more specific stuff, go to the groups. Las Vegas is the best group to find topics and discussions about the city, with tips of places to visit and a lot of pictures from Las Vegas, Nevada.. casinos, bright lights, nature, citylife and people. My other suggestion is the group Vintage Vegas with Photos and Ephemera from the early years (Golden Age) until 1970.
- "Las Vegas: Vintage Graphics from Sin City" is a nice Taschen book with many images, as someone said to me. The site has few images and small content review.
- List of films shot in Las Vegas, set in Las Vegas and a huge list of Movies Filmed in Las Vegas Area, from Boulder Dam to Rat Race, including movies for TV, Cable TV and cinema, but it only goes to 2001.
- Posters: I tried to find a site with vintage Vegas posters, but all the pages that I found with a nice gallery of images were sites selling posters. So if you don't care, Art.com has images of many Las Vegas Posters and Prints. I also made a selection of individual poster pages: Las Vegas United Air Lines by Stan Galli from 1950's, Las Vegas Fly TWA, one more Las Vegas United Air Lines, Hotel El Rancho Vegas, Vegas Nights - The Exotic South American Beauty Elvira Pagan, Las Vegas Western Air Lines - Skyway to Western Playgrounds and Stoppover at the exciting Las Vegas, Nevada - Go Union Pacific Railroad.
- Roadside Peek it's not a site about Las Vegas, it's about the roadside treasures of old routes across America. The old motels, bowling alleys, drive-in theatres, neon signs, petrol pumps, googie sites and tiki villages. Of course, they have a Las Vegas session, divided in categories, like vintage postcards, neon and downtown.
- The Las Vegas Matchbook Collection a very nice collection of vintage and modern casino matches and matchbooks with images and descriptions.
- The Story of Classic Las Vegas is a documentary project made to the Las Vegas Centennial (2005). It's composed by two parts, The Story of Classic Las Vegas and The Women Who Built Las Vegas, result of the research and interviews made with 130 people native born and longtime Las Vegas residents that narrated their memories of old Las Vegas. Don't miss the trailers, they will give you an idea of how interesting the films look.
- Vegas Views: The main purpose of this site is to create a repository of photographs of views available from Las Vegas hotel rooms.
- Viva Las Vegas Blog: a site about Vegas with posts about music, hotels, spas, fun, photos, sports, travel info, books, gifts, things to do in Vegas, clothes history, movies, gossip, art scene, getting married and much more. For Vegas fans.
- "When The Mob Ran Vegas - Stories of Money, Mayhem, and Murder". Sizzling, behind-the-headlines stories about the men, the Mob, movie stars, and missing money that made '50s and '60s Vegas such a hot spot in the Nevada desert. The book site has a sample chapter, info about the book, the author and an excelent gallery with Photos of Vegas "when the Mob ran Vegas" as slideshow.
More about Las Vegas at Cynical-C Las Vegas category, growabrain Las Vegas Archives and the related posts Vintage Vegas and Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas.